Tue, Mar 28, 2017 04:26pm 04:26pm PST

Bellevue location is Open | 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Issaquah location is Open | 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Firearm Transfer Fees

How would a person transfer a firearm from out of state, and what are the fees?

West Coast Armory provides Out of State firearm transfers as a service to our clients. We ask that you contact West Coast Armory before the purchase to verify we do not have the firearm in stock or that it is not available. We want to earn your business and would like to be given the opportunity to do so.

If or when the Out of State purchase is made West Coast Armory will need to be provided with the following information.

Purchasers name and contact information

Whom the firearm was purchased from, their fax number and phone number

Purchase price including shipping

Please request that the seller includes a copy of their FFL or current drivers license

The transfer fee consists of a standard $50.00 plus Washington State use tax of 9.5%. (WA State requires that use tax is collected on all firearms, including gifts. Unless documentation can be provided showing that tax has been previously paid on the firearm. RCW 82.12.010). The standard fee applies to any used firearm, or new firearm that West Coast Armory does not have in inventory or cannot be ordered in a reasonable time period or if WCA is unable to offer the same firearm at a reasonable price difference. If WCA is able to locate the identical firearm there will be an additional 10% transfer fee for the transaction.

May a licensed dealer sell a firearm to a nonlicensee who is a resident of another State?

Generally, a firearm may not be lawfully sold by a licensed dealer to a nonlicensee who resides in a State other than the State in which the seller's licensed premises is located. However, the sale may be made if the firearm is shipped to a licensed dealer whose business is in the purchaser's State of residence and the purchaser takes delivery of the firearm from the dealer in his or her State of residence. In addition, a licensee may sell a rifle or shotgun to a person who is not a resident of the State where the licensee's business premises is located in an over-the-counter transaction, provided the transaction complies with State law in the State where the licensee is located and in the State where the purchaser resides and provided the sale complies with all applicable Federal laws.
[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3)


Are private firearms sales legal in Washington State?

Yes. Washington state law does allow for private firearms sales. However, these sales must be done through a Federal Firearms License holder in the form of a Private Party Transfer, and all applicable background checks must be completed before the buyer may take possession of the firearm.

West Coast Armory will provide private buyers/sellers with a Private Party Transfer and perform any necessary background checks for $35 per transfer.


What should the seller bring to complete the Private Party Transfer?

1. The firearm being sold (unloaded and in a case).

2. Current Washington State Driver's License/Government Issued I.D.

3. Form of payment if the Seller is paying the Private Party Transfer fee.


What should the Buyer should bring to complete the Private Party Transfer?

1. Current Washington State Driver's License.

2. Current Washington State Concealed Pistol License if the Buyer has one.  Other types of identification may be necessary for foreign citizens.

2. Form of payment if the Buyer is paying the Private Party Transfer fee.


WCA Reviews

Zev Glockworx 17 Dragonfly The Zev Dragonfly Z17 pistol starts with their Dragonfly cut slide which removes...