Sun, Jan 26, 2020 05:12pm 05:12pm PST

Bellevue location is Open | 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Firearms Transfers and Fees

How would a person transfer a firearm from out of state, and what are the fees?

West Coast Armory provides Out of State firearm transfers as a service to our clients. We ask that you contact West Coast Armory before the purchase to verify we do not have the firearm in stock or that it is not available. We want to earn your business and would like to be given the opportunity to do so. Failure to contact us pior to shipping may result in additional fees. 

If or when the Out of State purchase is made West Coast Armory will need to be provided with the following information.

-Purchasers name and contact information

-Whom the firearm was purchased from, their fax number and phone number

-Purchase price including shipping

-Please request that the seller includes a copy of their FFL or current drivers license


New firearm transfer fee $50 (NFA Items $100). This applies to any firearm that we have prior notification for & cannot meet/beat the price of. Plue, the required 10% state use tax - CC fees will apply to the transfer fee & tax. 


Used firearm transfer fee $50 (NFA item $100). Plus, the required 10% state use tax if the firearm is shipped from a dealer or buisness - CC fees will apply to the transfer fee & tax.


Blind transfer/price match fee $100 (NFA item $150). Failure to contact us prior to shipping a firearm, or if we can meet/beat the price of a transferred firearm will result in a $100 transfer fee, plus the required 10% state use tax - CC fees will apply to the transfer fee & tax.  


WA State requires that use tax is collected on all firearms, including gifts. Unless documentation can be provided showing that tax has been previously paid on the firearm. RCW 82.12.010. The standard fee applies to any used firearm, or new firearm that West Coast Armory does not have in inventory or cannot be ordered in a reasonable time period or if WCA is unable to offer the same firearm at a reasonable price difference. If WCA is able to locate the identical firearm there will be an additional 10% transfer fee for the transaction. 



May a licensed dealer sell a firearm to a nonlicensee who is a resident of another State?

Generally, a firearm may not be lawfully sold by a licensed dealer to a nonlicensee who resides in a State other than the State in which the seller's licensed premises is located. However, the sale may be made if the firearm is shipped to a licensed dealer whose business is in the purchaser's State of residence and the purchaser takes delivery of the firearm from the dealer in his or her State of residence. In addition, a licensee may sell a rifle or shotgun to a person who is not a resident of the State where the licensee's business premises is located in an over-the-counter transaction, provided the transaction complies with State law in the State where the licensee is located and in the State where the purchaser resides and provided the sale complies with all applicable Federal laws.
[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3)


Are private firearms sales legal in Washington State?

Yes. Washington state law does allow for private firearms sales. However, these sales must be done through a Federal Firearms License holder in the form of a Private Party Transfer, and all applicable background checks must be completed before the buyer may take possession of the firearm.

West Coast Armory will provide private buyers/sellers with a Private Party Transfer and perform any necessary background checks for $35 per transfer.


What should the seller bring to complete the Private Party Transfer?

1. The firearm being sold (unloaded and in a case).

2. Current Washington State Driver's License/Government Issued I.D.

3. Form of payment if the Seller is paying the Private Party Transfer fee.


What should the Buyer should bring to complete the Private Party Transfer?

1. Current Washington State Driver's License.

2. Current Washington State Concealed Pistol License if the Buyer has one.  Other types of identification may be necessary for foreign citizens.

2. Form of payment if the Buyer is paying the Private Party Transfer fee.


WCA 2010 Annual

Intro To Competitive Shooting with Christian Sailer February 15, 2020

Level 102 10:00am - 4:00pm For shooters looking to get into competitive pistol shooting or become a better competitor. Material covered will be appl...

WCA 2010 Annual

Armed Home Defense January 28, 2020

6:00pm - 9:00pm Our Home Defense course has been revamped! This course teaches you how to secure your home, defend your family, and navigate the afte...

WCA Reviews

Sig Sauer 716 3 Gun This is a rare bird among rare birds. The Sig Sauer 716 is a piston operated .30...